NK Cells, IVF, Recurrent Miscarriage- Review of adjunct or adjuvant or alternative therapies (2017)
Adjunct therapy/Adjuvant therapy in IVF
Adjunct or adjuvant therapy is another treatment used together with the primary treatment. Its purpose is to assist the primary treatment and in the case of IVF improve success rates.
- IVF treatments are both costly and stressful and often patients are either offered or exposed to adjunctive therapy or "Add-ons" which are claimed to increase success rates.
- Many of these have either never been subjected to full scientific scrutiny or have claims made on the basis of very limited evidence or poorly designed studies.
- A further source of concern is the fact that the long term outcome of these add-ons have not been assessed in offspring and so could be contraindicated
- The array of adjuvants are vast and it is exceedingly difficult for the lay person to access, let alone understand, any literature that exists
- To assist you in navigating this "minefield" I have constructed a table which I hope will be of some value
- Scientific testing and modification to adjuncts continues and so included contents represent my interpretation of the literature.
- This infomation is provided as a guide only and prior to making any decisions about your treatment, always check with your fertility specialist for advice and the latest information.
EFFECTS OF ADJUNCTIVE TREATMENT OR ALTERNATIVE TREATMENT ON IVF /ICSI SUCCESS RATES 2017